- Category: Solutions
Lumension Vulnerability Management - Patch Management Solutions
Integrated, Proactive Software Vulnerability Assessment and Patch Management
Vulnerability Management Business Drivers and Challenges
Considering that over 90% of cyber attacks exploit known security flaws for which remediation is available¹, effective vulnerability and patch management should be on every company’s to-do list. However, in today’s economy, enterprises are forced to do more with less and maintain a secure IT environment while keeping operating costs low.
This creates an enormous challenge for enterprises in light of an increasing number of remote employees who reduce the organization’s visibility into the network and control over the devices that are brought in and out of the environment. IT organizations must now support heterogeneous environments with:
- Increasingly diverse operating systems beyond simply Windows, including Red Hat, Unix and many more
- Countless software applications, including business productivity tools, web browsers, P2P and more
- More physical and virtual machines within the network
- Numerous endpoint configurations that have drifted out of compliance with regulatory or corporate policies as well as industry best practices
By streamlining and automating vulnerability management processes, organizations can effectively address operating systems and application flaws. Being able to quickly patch third party application vulnerabilities is of increasing importance as these risks are exploited with more frequency.
When faced with all these challenges, it is important that organizations find the right balance between effectively addressing network security and compliance concerns while keeping a low total cost of ownership (TCO).
The Lumension Vulnerability Management solution delivers automated vulnerability assessment and patch management through an integrated solution that enables businesses to automatically detect risks, deploy patches and defend their business information across a complex, highly-distributed environment with greater efficiency and minimal impact to productivity. All of these activities are seamlessly integrated into a single management console for complete visibility into your network.
The Lumension Vulnerability Management solution combines award-winning products, such as Lumension Scan, Lumension Patch and Remediation, Lumension Security Configuration Management, and Lumension Content Wizard. By consolidating vulnerability data with centralized policy enforcement and compliance reporting, the Lumension Vulnerability Management solution enables you to effectively manage the entire vulnerability lifecycle and transition from a reactive security model to a proactive risk management approach.
How It Works
1. Discover: Gain complete visibility of your heterogeneous network environment.
Proactively discover all of your IT assets, both managed and unmanaged, through
in-depth scans and flexible grouping and classification options.
2. Assess: Proactively identify known issues before they can be exploited. Perform a deep analysis and thorough OS, application, and security configuration vulnerability assessments of endpoints via Lumensions network- and agent-based scanners.
3. Prioritize: Focus on your most critical security risks first. Multiple views of vulnerability assessment information allow you to prioritize vulnerabilities by severity or organizational impact.
4. Remediate: Automatically deploy patches to an entire network. Simplify the process of maintaining a secure environment by continuously monitoring, detecting and remediating policy-driven environments across all major platforms and applications.
5. Report: Gain a holistic view your environmental risk. Access a full range of operational and management reports that consolidate discovery, assessment, and remediation information on a single management console.
Key Capabilities and Benefits
||Delivers Full Network Visibility
|Thorough Vulnerability Assessment
||Ensures Proactive Risk Management
|Intelligent Patch and Remediation
||Reduces Endpoint Risk
||Provides Holistic View of Environmental Risk
|Single Management Console
|Security Configuration Management
||Enhances IT Productivity and Lowers Support Costs