- Category: OrcaTYDE(tm) - Products by Partners
Lumension® Content Wizard
Extends the capabilities of the Lumension Endpoint Management Platform with custom scripting capabilities to centralize, automate and streamline desktop and system management, power management, configuration enforcement, software distribution and custom applications
Security and Operational Business Issues and Challenges
Every organization has IT needs that are not completely addressed with out-of-the-box software solutions. PC configuration-related issues increase the workload on administrators and IT help desk staff and introduce new sources of risk. Meanwhile, in a tough economic climate, organizations are facing greater pressures to optimize IT efficiencies wherever possible including reducing the hard costs of energy consumption.Lumension Content Wizard extends the capabilities of the Lumension Patch and Remediation and Lumension Endpoint Management and Security Suite to cost-effectively streamline desktop and system management tasks with simple and customizable wizard-based policy creation, distribution and baseline enforcement – without requiring additional tools and costs. This powerful utility enables organizations to extend their Lumension solution capabilities to dynamically meet the needs of their diverse IT environments without the purchase of additional technologies.
Lumension Content Wizard is a powerful tool that automates tedious and time-consuming system and desktop management tasks to optimize your IT environment and take advantage of cost and resource saving options via power management capabilities. Extending the capabilities of the Lumension Endpoint Management Platform without requiring additional solutions, Lumension Content Wizard works in conjunction with Lumension Patch and Remediation to provide user-friendly development and centralized management and enforcement of capabilities throughout an organization, enabling:
- Centralized Endpoint Power Management Policies: Reduce IT power consumption and meet organizational "green" policies by standardizing power settings of systems across the organization without requiring a centrally managed domain or impacting user productivity. Easily create and centrally manage power policy settings, including: standby, hibernation and sleep timing settings based on user and system inactivity. When combined with the Wake-on-LAN capability within Lumension Patch and Remediation, high levels of IT security can be attained with minimal power consumption.
- Software Deployment, Upgrades and Removal: Optimize exsisting IT efficiencies and improve software usage compliance with policy-based deployment and removal of new and updated software, including automatic removal of outdated, unauthorized, or unsupported software, ongoing monitoring and baseline enforcement, identification of installed software on endpoints and policy and installation of new and updated software packages.
- Local Enforcement of Security Configuration Policies: Enforce security configuration policies based on industry best practices, such as disabling guest accounts, turning off unnecessary services, enforcing password complexity and length, and forcing unattended systems log off.
- Centralized Management of System Desktop Configuration Tasks and Policies: Automate time-consuming tasks across the entire network, including automated scheduling of disk defragmentation tasks, and policy enforcement for account, device control, domain, network, and system policy security settings.
- Customizable Policy Creation and Syndication: Customize configuration settings to meet internal policy controls, extend patching to in-house developed applications and/or across several different operating platforms.
- Centralized Deployment, Management and Reporting on all Scripts: Centrally deploy, manage, and report on all scripting actions throughout the organization including making sure AV is installed and distributing third party patches.
- Content Exchange Forum: Content collaboration is made simple via a company-internal site access thru the Lumension Content Wizard, allowing custom created content to be shared among separate divisions to ensure standardized detections, deployments and reporting.
- Lumension Connect Content Garden: Share best practice scripts with other Lumension customers within the Lumension Community.
How it Works
Simplified development, management, distribution and reporting of desktop and system management configuration tasks using Lumension Content Wizard.
Enforce Local Policies: Increase your overall security posture with automated management and enforcement of local security configuration policies (e.g. disabling guest accounts, turning off unnecessary services, enforcing password complexity) based on industry best practices.
Power Savings: Easily reduce endpoint energy costs and enforce “Green” policies with centralized management and enforcement of power options including monitor, hard drive, standby, and hibernation settings.
Features & Benefits
|Key Product Features||Benefit|
|Flexible Content Creation and Management
||Optimizes IT Efficiencies and Reduces IT Costs
Ensures Entire Network Security
|Wizard-based Content Authoring
||Optimizes IT Resources by Simplifying Patch Creation
|Centralized Endpoint Power Management Policy Wizard
||Reduces Endpoint Energy Costs and Enforces Green Policies
|Custom Script Management and Development
||Improves Operational Efficiency
|Enforcement of Local Security Configuration Policy
||Increases Your Overall Security Posture
|Software Distribution and Removal
||Optimizes IT Efficiencies and Improves Software Usage Compliance
||Optimizes IT Efficiencies
|Patch Search by Title
||Minimizes IT Work Cycles
|Display Fingerprint Type based on OS
||Saves IT Time
|Flexible Content Management
||Enables You to Stay Compliant
|Rapid Content Development
|Content Creation Across Heterogeneous Environments
||Delivers One Solution for Complex Environments
|Immediate Content Distribution
||Saves Time and IT Operating Costs
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Intel® 1.3 GHz Processor or equivalent
- 1 GB RAM
- 20 MB of free disk space for installation
- 5 GB of free disk space after installation
Supported Operating SystemsLumension Content Wizard v7.0 is supported on the following operating systems:
- Microsoft® Windows XP Professional with SP3
- Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003, Standard Edition with SP2
- Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition with SP2
- Windows Server 2003, Web Edition with SP2
- Windows Server 2003 R2, Standard Edition
- Windows Server 2003 R2, Enterprise Edition
- Windows Server 2003 R2, Web Edition
- Windows Server 2008 (32-bit / 64-bit), Standard Edition
- Windows Server 2008 (32-bit / 64-bit), Enterprise Edition
- Windows Server 2008 (32-bit / 64-bit), Web Edition
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Standard Edition
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Enterprise Edition
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Web Edition
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7 (32-bit / 64-bit), Professional
- Windows 7 (32-bit / 64-bit), Enterprise
- Windows 7 (32-bit / 64-bit), Ultimate
NOTE: The Lumension Content Wizard database must be installed on the same server as the Lumension Patch and Remediation Server application. For Lumension Patch and Remediation v7.0, the database is already preinstalled.